View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
So that's strange.
Post that missing headers please.
Also: which Kindle are you trying? Touch or Non-touch?
I tracked down some of the missing headers, but now it wants "adb_api.h".

I tested it on a Touch. I could try K4 too...

Testing...

Well... Imagine that! It WORKS on the K4. But not on the Touch. How can that be?

The Touch only works (for me) with fastboot compiled for linux. Strange.

EDIT: I just tried the Touch again. Same problem. Strange. At least it works for the K4, but what problem could affect only the Touch and only on the windows fastboot?

Sadly, the main reason to get fastboot running on windows is to make it easier for Touch owners to flash a diags partition image with SSH pre-installed. The K4 already has SSH on its diags partition.

If we cannot get this working for the Touch, we may need to figure out how to flash the diags partition using a custom MfgTool profile. For now, users must deal with changing from windows to linux, with the problem of fastboot mode dropping out if the USB connection is disconnected or reset (such as by rebooting).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-12-2012 at 03:02 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote