View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathian View Post
Thanks timlegge.

I'm still not sure why the 100 book listing disappeared, but couldn't I also reset the Kobo (pin in back) to get it back? I expect that would dump the books I've added though there are only half a dozen and most are in Calibre. Or have I got this wrong?

At the moment I don't mind that they are missing. I can "retrieve" any I want by typing in "Im_Reading" in Calibre ("Device"), per this thread. They then show up when Kobo restarts.

I can also get new versions from Gutenberg or elsewhere that are preferable. The Kobo free books have undesired unjustifed margins and the line spacing is too great.

If I could also toss in another question: whether by using Calibre or some other software (or file change), can I replace the default Kobo fonts in books I add to Kobo? I find the two Kobo fonts (whatever their actual names) are too light (not sufficiently black and contrasty). Thanks.
If i understand you correctly the books seem to be still available if you add the Im_Reading tag to the device collections in calibre and then disconnect the kobo.

Are you sure that it is not a case of the change that kobo made in 1.4 where the 100 books are hidden by default and only MyBooks show up? When you are in the books list you can hit the menu (or maybe display) and choose the preeloaded books or all books to be shown.

If you had previously opened a large number of preloaded books they would have been on your Im_Reading list.

My understanding is that the 100 books are either encrypted or encoded so it is not possible to change the fonts.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote