View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #15
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma8 View Post
When I played with the 350 and 650 in the store, I tried loading up the same ebook excerpt (the one on the far right on the default home screen) on both devices. I then made sure they were both using the same font size ("M"). It appeared to me that the characters on both devices were the same size. I don't know if these devices have the same dpi, or if Sony has scaled the fonts to maintain consistency in font sizes despite screen size, if it was somehow specific to the included ebook excerpts (maybe they have custom excerpts for each device), or if maybe my eyes deceived me.

It would be pretty interesting if Sony has normalized font sizes across their Readers, and the only thing smaller/bigger screens get you is less/more space to display the text. Since you can't put memcards in the 350 (and I don't plan to get a 350), I don't know if I'll ever be able to confirm this with arbitrary epubs, but maybe someone else can.
I checked yesterday and the 300 and the 600 had the same screen resolution. I played once with them side by side and yes, I had the feeling that the only difference was, that the 6" model showed more of a page.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote