View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Simple and quick tool to convert epub to mobi? (on Mac!)

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is a tool, available on Mac, that simply opens an epub file and converts it to mobi with minimum fuss, and will let me put the files wherever I want them? Of course, free, or cheap would be best

I've been using Calibre to do my ebook conversions, but the way it handles files has become more and more of a problem now that I've started buying epub books (virtually the only format for French commercial ebooks). Not only do I need to use ADE to import them and then find them in the ADE library on my hard drive, if I want to convert them I have to import them again to Calibre, who will duplicate them to another hard-to-find folder. Not only is it a pain, but I am starting to worry that I will end up losing books that I have bought. I am a very lazy person, and I tend to do only the minimum, so sometimes I will end up copying the books directly to my reader without first moving them to my own book directory, where I know (more or less) how to find them again.

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I didn't find much with the forum search, only references to programs that are only available for Windows apparently.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote