View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I feel a bit of a fraud for even visiting this area of MR as I am no writer and this will sound a bit silly but here goes.

At the end of 1995 I was living in Israel waiting for various African countries to change their visa regulations so that I could travel through them as apartheid ended in South Africa. Once that happened I set off and rode a bicycle from Jerusalem to South Africa. I kept detailed journals of my journey and now want to write my story. This year I want to at least transcribe the journals and make a start.

This type of thing has no doubt been done many times but I think I have something to say and I would like to say it.

There, got that off my chest and have made a commitment to myself. Feel better already.

Oh Wow! That sounds fascinating! I'd love to read something like that!

I don't know if you are looking for help/direction but there are a number of books (and probably websites) that target writing of this type of memoir/essay.