View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Fear, destruction, and chaos. My job here is done......

Seriously, I'm glad to see the responses. They are mind and taste and world-view stretching suggestions. Like Zelda_Pinwheel, I don't when I'll get to them, but I'll give it a go. Keep them coming...(hello, ABE.COM)

This one is not too obscure, but it's a great "playing games in your head" fantasy book. Silverlock, by John Myers Myers. It's a fantasy about reading. Imagine this thread as a book (and a very entertaining one, at that).
Yes, Silverlock is a wonderful book. I actually have the First Edition.

Silverlock has been compared to the witty fantasies of James Branch Cabell.

If you can find this book, I heartily recommend it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote