View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #58
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i don't think dixiegal was trying to be sexist or derogatory, bilbo. in fact her post is one example of why the conservatory was not working well for the community ; it seemed closed and somewhat hostile or unwelcoming to many people for various reasons. if a forum is creating an impression of intimidation among a large portion of the members, that's a sign that it's not good for the community overall. and of course, that very fact is part of what led many people to speak up via pm and not publicly, because they felt too intimidated to say their thoughts publicly.
I'm sure you're correct Zelda, I was merely pointing out one of my biggest bugbears, that of casual sexism against men being OK whereas sexism against women is a big no-no (both should be equally vilified in my opinion). As an example, if I had stated that a good reason for closing a forum was because it was 'a bit girly', I'm pretty sure I'd have been run out of town on a rail pretty damn quickly. Not really a topic for further discussion I guess in a forum like this - if only we had an area for serious, non EBook realated discussions.....

Anyway - it was a tongue in cheek comment (even if it does seriously annoy me) and apologies to dixiegal if any offence was caused.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote