View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I was at an auction today, and I heard the poor girl at the desk repeatedly telling someone the main auction starts at 4:30, the furniture is in that. No, I can't tell you the exact time the furniture comes up. Yes, the main catalog sale starts at 4:30. Yes the furniture is in it. No, I can't give you a time for the furniture.

Poor girl.

Then later I got up from my seat (leaving my bag and some items at the sofa) for literally five seconds to check an item, and I turn around and this old lady is sitting in my chair. I'm like, umm, I'm sitting there. See my purse?

On a fun note, I was waiting for this damn book box lot the whole day. There was one single book I wanted in it - a leatherbound collection of famous paintings. The box lot of books right before it didn't sell, so they included it with the one I wanted. So instead of getting 20 books (already I only wanted one), I got fifty. But then I took a look inside, turns out there's a whole bunch unframed prints (saw a Miro in there) as well as a few issues of Eros. I have one issue of it- it has the last photo shoot of Marilyn Monroe. Sure enough, there's another copy in there. All for ten bucks!

Also snagged two framed prints of Toulouse Lautrec with two other prints for $10. Will post pics in a little bit..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote