View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Fvek
Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I would LOVE a build for the 3.... chances of that? can provide bits and bats to assist in the effort. or a looksie at your working makefile might do the trick. Thanks!

I see this on all devices. Cheers
I have not been following development for anything other than the touch. What's the differences between 3 and 5 that would affect this?

I choose frotz because it was the simplest z-machine to get up and running. Like I said, it compiled with only having to comment out the "won't run as root" check.

My Makefile changes were basic stuff: 1) change the values of CC, LIBS, and INCL to point to the cross-compile locations; 2) change PREFIX and CONFIG_DIR to "/mnt/us/bin" (probably not the best place -- what does everyone else's /mnt/us layout look like?); 3) comment out the sound support since that doesn't work.

There's other IF programs that support more things (like blorb, graphics, ALSA sound) and have built in file selection support instead of the kludge I used, so maybe we should look for an alternative as the Official Unofficial Kindle IF Player. I don't know which are the best ones out there, so any other suggestions?
Fvek is offline   Reply With Quote