View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
I'm having battery issues as well. I left the kindle charging on a wall charger overnight, but now I just get the low battery screen no matter what.

When I use the mfgtool, it can successfully detect the connected device as an "HID-compliant device", and when I try to go into either diags or fastboot mode, the progress bar completes and my screen blinks, but it comes right back to the low battery screen, and MfgTool says "Please connect device." until I hard-reboot the kindle again.

If I try to switch to fastboot mode and use yifanlu's kindle fastboot tool, it just hangs on < waiting for device >. Any clues? Is the battery dead, or am I misunderstanding the steps?
WHAT progress bar? If it is the normal starup progress bar, that is main bootmode. Fastboot mode does not change the screen at all, and diags mode goes directly from the "kindle tree" screen to the diags menu with NO PROGRESS BAR.

I cannot know the status of your kindle or how to proceed without more information...

I need to know WHICH progress bar (main system partition startup, or firmware update) that you see. If it is an UPDATE progress bar, then your USB drive has a ".bin" file on that it is trying to install. If it is a NORMAL progress bar (on the "Kindle Tree" screen) -- that is the main startup screen (not diags or fastboot).

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-05-2012 at 08:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote