View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
shall1028
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
does it matter whether you burn books to CD or DVD from Calibre and do you have to do them one at a time.
To be fair to the "raging hamster" there are actually two questions here that lack certain necessary information to provide an informed response. So, HamsterRage's "I don't know" and "why not try" answers are quite valid.

Without installing Calibre to be 100% sure I would say that Calibre itself does not burn CDs or DVDs directly but would leave that to the underlying operating system.

If the OS is Windows: I seem to recall that Windows accumulates files written to the CD or DVD in a temporary storage area until committed to the disc via an explicit close session. Even if my mental model differs from the implementation model the apparent results are the same.

With Windows (and in this case) yes you can write to either CD or DVD and either one file or multiple files at a time just as you would a flash or hard drive.

I have never tried to write piecemeal to a a Mac or Linux CD/DVD drive---preferring instead to write my data files as a block from appropriate burning software---so I can't tell you how those OSes deal with things.

"Strike Out: Reading Unedited Text"