View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I really hate to say this, as many of us here are doing epubs professionally, but I've seen really fantastic work from Suntec India, converting pdf's to epubs. Very nice.

Hitch

UPDATE 9/12/2010: HOWEVER, having sent not one but two clients there (clients I really didn't want), I have to say that their customer service blows chunks. Also, if you want to use the epubs for mobi, they use tables in their epubs, which will blow your mobis to hell. Lastly, they won't quote you a fixed price, or ANY price; you send them your file or a sample, and then they give you a price. I admit that I won't give a client a fixed NTE price until I've looked at the file, for about a billion good reasons; but I don't hang up on potential clients, either. Very weird behavior--one of my clients called them not once but had to call SIX times, before she could get a live body, and on the sixth call the guy who answered the phone told her "I don't have time to talk to you" and hung up on her. Not my idea of great customer service, and if our clients were "techie," they wouldn't need us, now, would they?

Last edited by Hitch; 09-12-2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Update on Suntec
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote