Thread: PB 360 RIP
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you, this helped in the sense that I saw that "Pass 2 write pattern 1" again, but this time it didn't hang halfway through but was completed. At he end it said something about 6 bad blocks: I'm assuming the software is clever enough to somehow have 'flagged' these so these 'bad blocks' can no longer disturb the proper functioning of the device?

In any case, it seems to have restarted. I'll start loading books onto it again &c and see if all goes well now.

By the way: doing this has *not* restored it to factory state entirely. I had indeed upgraded from 14.2 to 15.2 (and downgraded back, and upgraded again, but no matter). But the device info now still says 15.2 as fhe FW version, not 14.2
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote