View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Welcome! The choices for e-ink readers boils down to:

1. Cybook, very well-regarded here (on MobileRead, that is). Depending on your location, warranty support would be the only quibble. Check BooksOnBoard.com for US deals and support.

2. Sony, the 505 and the 700. I have a 505 and it has no shortcomings for the way I use it. Sony has their own format but there are ways for the reasonably computer literate to get other formats onto the device. One of our members, Kovid, has written a utility many of us use for format conversion, called "calibre". Look at both of them in person before picking one, as both have pros and cons.

3. Amazon Kindle. Same screen as the Cybook and the Sony 505. The benefits of the Kindle are, due to it being an Amazon product, it is closely linked to the Amazon store, and so has the widest and cheapest content authoring. It will link to the store directly from the device, if you're in the US. In my opinion, the Kindle makes no sense at all for non-US consumers.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote