View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I think it's not asking too much if one is asking for features that make use of the digital nature of the ebooks as there are for instance a good search function (in the book itself, in the library), an annotation function that is worth its name (scribble or underline or mark something in the file and copy whole sentences/paragraphs for citation/for use on other devices), an appearance according to one's preferences (fonts, font-size, line-height, margins), a good library management (be it with tags or folders or...), dictionary support...
I agree entirely with you, and that was one of the reasons I switched away from Bookeen (and, as you know, I've had a number of Bookeen devices over the years). Excellent readers, but no search, no annotation, no dictionary ... They just don't let you take advantage of the fact that an eBook is digital data.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote