View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
This is reasonable, but I wonder how many authors have read or watched "Misery", and are a bit nervous now about breaking it off with some readers.

Michael Connelly's series have been successful with no diminishing quality. I think part of that success has been the characters who pop up each in other's series. It's fascinating to see Harry Bosch appear in a novel mostly about Mickey Haller or Terry McCaleb. Connelly has created a rich and stark world where we see each beloved series protagonist through the eyes of other leading characters.

As much as I love James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux and hate to see him ever leave us, I think that series would have benefited by Connelly's treatment.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote