View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Have you done much reading on it yet? I always liked the 5" Sony PRS-350 eInk reader I had as it was about the perfect size for carrying around. But the 5" devices like your SGP5 are even smaller overall due to less bezel. I always thought a 5" phone screen would be about perfect for reading in the doctor's office or other places where you find yourself waiting with little else to do. My Motorola Atrix has a 4" screen about the same as the new iPhone5 and although it works okay with the Kindle app it would be nice to have a 5" screen!

EDIT: My phone screen is widescreen (16 x 9) and that is really too narrow for reading as I get so few words per line. Would love to have a 5" screen in 4 x 3 format.

It depends how picky you are on clarity of text. It comes nothing close to the Kindle Fire's screen. I think my phone which is 3.2" is just a bit better on text but with a few tweaks I've fixed most of the issues. I think Flip Font is to blame on how text is rendered on the SGP5.

However the Kindle app and Mantano don't seem to suffer as they use their own fonts but reading on browsers or other apps you have to deal with this issue. I've installed a few flip fonts and found one that helps the text looks much more readable. I don't think it's the screen as everything else looks amazing graphic wise.

Personally I love my little tablet and find it perfect for reading anywhere in any room setting with Screen Dim. I haven't tried outside yet though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote