View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #209
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davr View Post
Can you explain in more detail the method you used here: http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/help/screensize.shtml to determine the correct values? In particular the "special custom PDF images", wondering if I could re-use them.
I created a test image of exactly a certain size (not critical what is in it--maybe a grid or something) using the Windows Paint software, embedded that image into a PDF file, sent the PDF file to my kindle, and then did a screen grab on the kindle-displayed PDF and sent that screen-grabbed bitmap back to my PC to analyze it. Once the original bitmap that I created with Paint exactly matched the screen-grabbed bitmap, I had a 1-to-1 mapping. It took some doing, as described under v1.16 of the version history. I had to put little 1-pixel marks in the corners with some padding on the right and bottom.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote