View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
But I also dislike paper smells, especially older books, so in addition I am happier to "curl up" with a good e-book. It has more of an emotional good feeling for me than paper books. Odd, because most people talk about how they can't give up the emotional attachment to paper.

The main advantage of paper is that I can give it away when I'm done, and that I can take it where I might get it wet or lose it.
I'm with you here. The smell of old books actually makes me sneeze and my eyes water. I've occasionally had library books I've had to return unread. That's especially troubling to me since I'm trying to consume less in general. I want to support and use my local library. The collection of cases and cases of paper books at my house built over the years just gets dustier and smellier as the years go by. The last time I picked up my old copy of the complete works of Shakespeare I had to put it down in five minutes. I really don't want to add to this and see more beloved books become untouchable.

Oh, and the second someone releases a waterproof/bubblebath-proof reader, I will be a very happy woman.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote