View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
1. You do not purchase anything, all product is sold under a revokable license.
2. Your reader can be controlled and DISABLED remotely at the discression of the seller
3. Contents can be controlled remotely with features turned on and off at the will of the seller.

Beats me, any thoughts.

Uncle Eric
yep. Thing is, I just wanted an ebook reader, and, while the whispernet was fun for a little while, I haven't used it in ages. I download books thru my computer.

As for 'owning' anything, well, stripping drm takes care of that problem. If you are so inclined. Once that is done, you do 'own' the book, and can read it anywhere.

Amazon can't control anything unless the whispernet is on. Since I no longer care about that particular feature, nor use it, its not a problem.

Should this unit fail, I'll simply transfer my books to another reader. Problem solved.

There are always solutions to problems. Whether you are willing to use them is another question.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote