View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 AM   #41
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Isn't that the end of what?

The end-user may have more and/or different privacy requirements than can be met by making the reginfo file immutable.
i meant the end of 'having to worry about the device de-'fake registering'.

Quote:
Unlike previous versions Amazon will remotely unregister your Kindle whenever it phones home, which happens periodically and whenever you connect to Wi-Fi. To prevent this I've added iptables rules that run as soon as an interface is brought up.
from this, and because after making the file immutable, we are told how to block the kindle form phoning home, i thought that maybe making the reginfo file immutable is not enough. as in, even though it is read only, that, upon phoning phone, you will need to carry out the process again because it would get 'deregistered'.

but the way you reply makes it seem making the reginfo file immutable IS enough, so good, that makes sense to me thanks

if you are saying the blocking phoning home part is simply because people don't want it to phone home, then sure, i understand that, just i thought that would be in a different thread, not one titled 'fake register'.
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote