View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #223
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Regarding my last post, in a somewhat calmer frame of mind I have looked at this in more problem in more detail.

The issue of "foreign" text is only showing with books that I have FTP'd across to my Arc, the book that so far I have re-downloaded from Kobo look to be okay.

I'm still stumped by this though. One of the books that I have FTP'd to my Arc I was already reading and it was originally free of "foreign" text, they look to be these symbols in general:

an a with ^ above, the Euro currency sign, and the Euro currency sign with tm next to it, copywrite sign c with a circle around it and so on.

They seem to be placed fairly randomly thereby making it near impossible to read the book. I wonder if these symbols are something to do with the books meta data, if so how do I rid myself of these. I have put one of the offending books on screen (computer) using Calibre and the text is perfectly normal.

Something is happening when the book leaves my computer and arrives at the Arc for display, a software issue I think. I have once again dumped the Kobo software and switched my Arc off and then on, reinstalled the Kobo software from the Play store, the problem has not gone away.

I have also deleted the offending book from my Arc and gone through the off/on procedure and then reinstalled the book, don't want to play.......

Ideas anyone as I'm fresh out of them.

Thanks
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote