View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #37
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Apparently you think my reading is weird.
Nope. I may refer to many books myself before finishing a "main" read. But none of that changes the daftness of new additions knocking the most current read/s off the Home page. That this is undesirable is, I would suggest, attested by the many people making similar points on these forums.

Quote:
I don't advocate the removal of the "current, open, unfinished read". If they could pin that on the home screen, I would like it. The problem is the definition of "current".
As to what constitutes "current" - a simple definition would be that the more recently you have had a book open, the more current it is. You didn't really answer the question above as to how the suggested changes could meet all the scenarios you have raised, but this definition of current, plus a "Reading" list as well as an "Added" list accessible from the Home page, would (as well as anything would). Anything beyond this would probably have to be a library function.

Quote:
If I finish my current book, should this suddenly be shoved on the home screen when I haven't looked at it for a month?
Nothing changes if you finish your current book does it? The current book, finished or not, stays on the Home screen, because the Kobo can't know whether you've finished with it or not - which is sort of the point at issue. Besides, this PDF could be on your Home screen as things currently are, couldn't it, if you didn't add any books for a while?

And no, I don't see why it shouldn't be on a Home screen "Reading" list if it is one of your most recently opened books. But I suppose you could always lobby for a time limit cut-off for what constitutes "current".

Quote:
A big advantage of the current handling of the home screen is that it is simple.
Simple, perhaps, but does not work for many people, and does not present a "Reading" list as it purports to do.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote