View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeLiKi View Post
I use kindle touch, and I added a new e-book. I first set the book up in Word 2010, and I used ctrl+enter function after the last line in a chapter to keep the new chapter on a separate page. I created a ToC, and sent it all to my device. Now, whenever I come to an end of the chapter in kindle, the last line of a chapter ends, for example, in the middle of the screen, and then I have an empty (kindle) page, and then I have neatly formatted new chapter heading on top of its new page.

What am I doing wrong? What's the proper way to split pages after chapters?
The normal Calibre settings (for books (that I convert/modify) will start a chapter (based upon the detection rules) on a fresh screen, you also put a fresh screen (marker) just before the detected one .

Look at the ALL the Structure detection rule optional settings in Preferences: (Conversion Common Options, especially the bottom one (for detection) and the pull down (may say Both)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote