View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #94
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
maybe the simplest solution is the correct one: people are just buying other stuff with their money. *shrug*. i used to buy a bleep-load of cds, now i buy maybe 2 a year. i just don't follow music anymore and would rather buy books or games. something had to give.
That makes a lot of sense. My rate of buying stuff doesn't stay constant. There is only so much crap a person needs. Once I built up my "foundational" collection of stuff, the need to acquire slows down.

I don't buy as much music as I used to, anymore. I have a massive CD collection, I can hardly keep up with all the CBC podcasts I download, and every now and then I hear more music on the radio and youtube.

Same with books, movies, etc. I'm in my 40's and have spent most of my life acquiring the stuff that makes me "me".
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote