View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #93
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Another major factor in the decline might be other media that gets consumed. Not that piracy is no factor (and none in these other areas, too), but there's not only movies, music and books.

People buy a lot of apps, games for different kinds of devices, ringtones (are they in that graph as well?), videos for their mobiles/smartphones and things like that.

Also there's a rather fixed amount everyone can spend. And with everyday costs steeply rising (like costs for rent, energy, food, commuting and the like), that's another factor.

I won't say piracy didn't make a change at all, but I don't think that all of the decline is due to illegal downloading or copying music.

the decline also seems to coincide with when the playstation was introduced and video games exploded with the general populace.

maybe the simplest solution is the correct one: people are just buying other stuff with their money. *shrug*. i used to buy a bleep-load of cds, now i buy maybe 2 a year. i just don't follow music anymore and would rather buy books or games. something had to give.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote