View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
If Amazon is especially stupid, they'll create some new format (maybe a modified Mobi) that will run only on the Kindle, and only fight to get additional content into that new format.
I agree: that would be exceptionally stupid, even for a corp.

I ... just don't see that happening. I could be wrong, I freely admit, but if I am, I'll be (unpleasantly) surprised.

The hardware question is a good one, I suspect they might view it as a way to keep their customers "theirs" -- they wouldn't be the first to try it.

If they have a seamless enough model that folks get in pretty deep before they feel the teeth, they might manage to do it. I think that iPods have largely anesthetized a lot of folks to that sort of hazard.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote