View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
yvan, I love my iLiad, but it currently wouldn't be a good drawing tool. The only application that really supports freehand entry is Notes, and it's doing some kind of compression as each page is saved so that you lose resolution. Also, though the Wacom tablet should support pressure sensitivity, no software for the iLiad recognizes the input. (It's been on iRex's "to do" list for over a year.)

I think these are both software problems. I've been trying to find a decent lightweight sketch program that someone might port to the iLiad, and I've been hoping that the community development calibration team might work on pressure sensitivity next.

Regarding the Kindle, I'm hoping that Amazon doesn't limit their ebook sales to Kindle customers, but just uses this as a springboard to launch into full-scale ebook sales. Mobipocket format would be fine for now, though of course I'm still hoping that the DRM features will eventually fade from use. I'm rather curious about the keyboard, and wondering if one would be able, for example, to IM or subscribe and reply to a blog using this thing. That could make it pretty popular, even without broader functionality (e.g. PDA). I agree with everyone that content is King-- but I think these days blog content is vying for position of Empress.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote