View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #56
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I just found that toolbar and key-mapping of fbreader are all configurable. FBReader has defined a set of actions that are linkable to toolbar-butons and keys. Read (and modify) "toolbar.xml" and keymap.xml" in /usr/share/FBReader/default, users can add an icon to toolbar, link a predefined action to that icon, or link an action to a key press. It's strange that such convenient feature is not documented.
I am sure that it works for v0.8.17. And it should work for v0.8.14 as well.
The usual way to bind an option to a key press is via the Keys tab under the options (crossed-tools) icon. There isn't much formal documentation, but see my Visual Tour of FBReader on a Pepper Pad 3. This is for the very old 0.8.3c, but the PP3 runs the "desktop" version of FBReader just like the iLiad does. I think the icon adding stuff is relatively new, and may only be available via the xml files.

For 0.8.14 there is the added problem of no access to icons. It is possible to edit the xml files though, see Update Settings for FBReader 0.8.14.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote