View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
wow - one quarter the size!! That is impressive. I've been using photoshop but am nowhere close to an expert with the software. I've been saving with "high quality" .jpg about an 8. I thought that a lower quality number would change the bit-depth or something, so left it at 8. I'll have to play with those settings a bit. Thanks!
Both Photoshop, Illustrator and Elements has a "save for web" function, that works quite well (at least in the versions CS2 and Elements 8 - I don't have anything newer, so correct me, if I'm wrong.) Theres a plugin for GIMP that performs the same service

IMHO it is usually not necessary to save in print quality for ebooks.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote