View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Two other things that bug me to no end:

* Don't use huge uncompressed images within the book or for the cover. Run them through a decent graphic program to compress them, if done properly, you will not see any difference on your reading device's screen.
The only methods I've seen to compress images are to:
- reduce the dimensions
- reduce the color bit depth

With Amazon and Apple (B&N ?) having a minimum dimension, that leaves reducing the bit depth. That affects the quality if the image. Is there some other process to compress images I'm missing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
* Don't use a different image for each chapter for decorative purposes when the images are all identical. Use the same one image for all the chapters.
+1
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote