View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
* Don't use a line space between paragraphs as that causes the eye to have to stop and try to find the next paragraph plus, it just looks awful.
By this, you mean spacing between paragraphs as opposed to text-indent and no spacing? I tend to agree with you, as I stated, but this comes down to personal preference. It may look awkward to you and me, but it won't break an epub if done properly. Some people prefer it, and you'll also occasionally see it in paper books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
* Don't use margins that are huge. If you want margins so the text doesn't bump the edge of the screen, use 5-9pt (no need for a bottom margin) and in this case, it's OK to to use pt as you want the margins to always stay the same.
This also borders on personal preference, some people like a bit of space around the body text. I think it's best left as default. Since it's still a bad practice IMO (depending on the value of "huge"), I'll include it. Thanks!
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote