View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
I read the old thread (now closed) about amazon banning peoples accounts.
I understand that they seem to have banished a bunch of accounts in one sweep...being an old thread I wondered if anyone knows if they have since changed their policy or if anyone has heard of recent account bannings.

I don't buy very much from amazon, but am a little freaked out that they would do this across the board rather ruthlessly IMO, to at least some who didn't seem to really deserve it.
I've only made a couple returns to amazon but had a string of bad kindles that I had exchanged. The idea that they could suddenly lock me out of my kindle account has me a bit rattled.

The worse thing seems to be that you can't tell if your account is in bad standing or has this changed?
I missed that thread. I did see a thread where one person had numerous accounts and they were all banned but I did not read a thread about numerous people each having an account that was banned.

In the thread I did read, I certainly so no indication that the person didn't deserve it. She protested her innocence much as Bernie Madoff and the folks at Enron did. My opinion is that she knew perfectly well why she was banned and didn't mention it for good reason.

I suppose if I try to buy something and I get a message that says, "You've been banned from doing business with Amazon" then I'll know. Until I get a message like that I won't worry about it because I'm doing nothing unusual, dishonest, unethical, or sneaky.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote