View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #34
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
So was I.

No... you're misunderstanding me (and I'm trying to avoid specifics to stay within MR rules). I'm not talking about data-loss or corruption here. I'm saying that the current "methods" for K4PC files requires that the process takes place on the original hardware. And under the original user account. If the original hardware changes... you're out of luck (even if you had good offsite file backups).
Oh. I thought it was movable, like the device serial number based method, or the ADE keyfile.

My mistake.
(I can't find my Emily Littella 'never mind' pic...)
ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote