View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Re: DRM

Since I'm not a pirate and don't make my books available on torrents, I have *no* guilt on stripping DRM from books I purchased. Whether it's legal or not (and I don't believe it's been tested in U.S. courts), I purchased a book, not a license. I will continue to strip DRM to provide myself with safe backups and the ability to format shift.
Just to be clear ... I wasn't suggesting you were a pirate! Just that B&N policy may be driving some to that vocation

As to buying a book or license ... I think you are wrong: you are getting a license. I'm not a lawyer, but I think that you probably agreed to that in one of the many readme files which came with the nook. If you'd bought a "book" you'd be able to sell it to someone else ...
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote