View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
As a Canadian, I'm mildly tempted to try and find a free/pay-as-you-go UK-based VPN proxy (assuming one exists) and perhaps attempt to get the stuff that seems vastly more applicable to my country than anywhere else in the Commonwealth.
Here's a wild speculation: Amazon may open an Kindle Store in Canada. They won the right to operate completely hands off in Canada are building out their warehouses. Canadian books publishers often have reciprocal deals with UK publishers ... but entirely different ones with the US. My Kindle 3 is still showing a "we don't really know when you'll get this" ship date.

It might be there will be lots of alignment with the UK store and the current Canadian titles are part of the bait for a Kindleized Amazon.ca about to open.

Just thinking out loud here ....
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote