View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #321
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Surface Pro

...just bought a US Surface Pro 128GB via Ebay Germany.
Should be here on Wednesday.
I've hesitated for some time.
For one, I don't want to have the US power supply (well, I'll probably buy a German one as soon as accessories are available from Microsoft Germany).
And of course I had to pay a hefty uplift: € 1.250 vs. $ 999 = 60% uplift!
I could have ordered from Ebay US. Prices typically are in the range of $ 1.100 from 3rd party suppliers.
$ 1.100 + 19% tax + $ 50 shipment = ca. $ 1.400 = ca. 1.100.
So I might have been able to save € 100...

Anyway: I absolutely hate the marketing of Microsoft. How hard is it to schedule and announce a roadmap? "Bigger than expected demand" can't be an explanation. It would be nonsense, to postpone for example a European product launch because of demand in the US. As we all know, interest is very short spanned. If they postpone the European launch by, let's say, 5 months, they loose about 1/3rd of the lifespan I assume for such a product...

Whatever...

I'm really curious and will post most likely on Wednesday around noon CET.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote