View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #25479
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
And I think you are under the delusion that your moral decisions are absolute and represent the ultimate truth and that you can decide which killings are right and which aren't when "killing" IS inherently and intrinsically wrong. But I doubt you can ever comprehend that especially in the light of your text in bold red...
You are of course free to believe in your self justification of killings (if it makes you feel better) but know that the world is positively filled with people who disagree.

History is full of people who believe they know which killings are right and which aren't and such people make ALWAYS IN THE END for the darkest pages of humanity's INglorious past.

Funny I thought we had evolved beyond simple animals, that we had grown a consciousness and freedom of choice (in this case NOT to act like animals in nature...)
But I guess I was just under the "delusion" of it...
A) you can eat meat and be against wanton cruelty. I respect vegetarians and could easily be a lacto-ovo vegetarian but you can't force it on people. Factory-farming is evil, though, and, if my mother (who was a severe vegetarian for a bit in the 1970s, actually, until she passed out in a grocery store), wasn't living with me and doing the majority of the cooking, I would be (except for eating seafood when going out to eat, I imagine. I do live in New Orleans).

B) What, actually, would happen to all these animals from breeds/species that wouldn't even be here if we hadn't bred and raised them for food? You do know that there are many traditionally pet animals (cats, dogs) that can't find good homes, right? What will happen to all these domestic cows and pigs, not to mention poultry? No one is going to keep them in those numbers if they can't make a profit off of them. What is going to happen to all those animals if everyone becomes Vegan (or even just lacto-ovo)?

C) None of this, in my opinion, has anything to do with the kind of evil that would brutally kill a cute, innocent baby goat not even intended for the meat market just for revenge or kicks or being evil teenagers.

/BTW, I believe that animals do have consciousness. There are levels of consciousness, IMHO. Even plants respond to music, for example.

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 01-30-2015 at 09:18 AM.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote