View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuntuser View Post
Hey! I've done something horrible.
I wanted to erase /mnt/us/records in kindle's terminal.
I put rm -R /mnt/us/ records (the one useless space caused erasing the whole user store).
Ouch. Next time be really careful when picking up that loaded gun without safety called rm -r. Avoid deleting sub-directories with it, use tab-completion to avoid misspelling, use find and/or ls -la first to see what you are about to delete. So in your case that should have been:

Code:
cd /mnt/us
pwd
ls -la
ls -la records
find records
rm -r records
Yade, yade. You think that is paranoid? Not really, look what happened to you.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote