View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
That said, I wouldn't buy one during pre-sell period, I'd wait until it's launched and see what users have to say about it. Advertising hype being what it is today, a lot of devices (PW anyone?) disappoint in actual use.
I got the Vox as soon as it was available and as you can see, have gifted it...it was "ok" but once I had my Samsung I used it very little as it was underwhelming by comparison.
I agree and I do like my Kobo Touch despite all the problem updates it remains my favorite e-reader. I like the crisp fonts, I like the ability to fine tune the fonts and I especially like the fact that Kobo continues to refine and improve their products over time. But, it does come with some road bumps along the way.

The other issue right now is being in the U.S. is when will it be available? The current on going roll out of 2.1.x and product availability in the U.S. are still up in the air.

For me right now Kobo is a curious collection of good and bad and I'm going to see how the next couple of weeks play out. If things improve and they either have product available in the U.S. or make some definite statement about their intent in the U.S. then I will probably wait to see what the initial customer reaction is to the Arc and buy if positive.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote