View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Blossom if you are sensitive that sort of thing then it might bother you. I went into the bathroom in my apartment because it is the only room other than a closet with no windows. It was very dark. Interestingly enough I've been using level 14 for my well lit room but only needed to turn it down to level 12 in a totally dark room. Anything below level 11 is too low and makes it a bit of an eyestrain. Much over 14 and it becomes to bright. At level 12 in the totally dark room the page turns are very noticeable and annoying though I could live with it. If your eyes are sensitive to such things then I can see where it would be a problem. I hesitate to use the word flash because the light level does not change or flicker when you turn pages, but you can really see a lot of detail as the eInk flashes to all back pixels and back to normal text! It is a big effect!!!! Like I said it doesn't bother me but it is page flash on major steroids compared to unlit Kindles.
Do you think it would bother someone in the room with you? I'm not concern about my eyes but my hubby will be next to me. Does it looks like someone taking pictures is what I am asking.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote