View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg View Post
I was trying to mount cramfs file but ubuntu refused, giving me dmesg output wrong magic I compiled my own kernel with cramfs support but the effect was the same it is probably encrypted in some way. Any thoughts how to decrypt it?

I tryed autorun.xml and now I was only able to get same test mode screen.
These are NOT cramfs images - these are encrypted cramfs images. Before you try to mount them on your system (or just open them with cramfsck) you need to decrypt them. And that's where the crux of the matter is.

The images are encrypted by some algorithm, probably a Cypher Block Chaining AES or DES. It would be possible to decode if we had access to the unencrypted images, and could pull the encryption keys out of them.

Our best hope for any solution right now is that someone will find a way to dump the image out of flash - hopefully via serial port entry, by command line tools; if that doesn't work - by unsoldering the flash chip off the board and reading its contents with a flash burner.

I don't think there is an easy autorun entry to be found. Perhaps someone will find it - that will be great. Otherwise we will wait for some new information.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote