View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBrye View Post
I see references to autorun.xml and autorun.js - and I see in the PRS600 service manual it references this file (so presumably any Autorun.xml method that works on previous devices would work on this one)

Can the autorun.xml / js just call xml and javascript files or can I call it and have it execute compiled code?
So far the autorun doesn't appear to work at all on PRS-600. The device ignores autorun.xml. Perhaps some signature or some other means of identification is required to enable the autorun to execute. We just don't know at this point.

The best hope is to take the unit apart, find the serial port, hook up a Serial-TTL cable...
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote