View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
Tried the Deed of Paksanarrion by Elizabeth Moon. I barely made it through the couple pages of prologue. I know it's favored by many here, but that read like a high scool D&D session or something. Maybe I just didn't give it enough chance, but it turned me off quickly.
I hear you. I think you made it a little farther than I did.

Quote:
I then took a look at the Malazan Empire books by Steven Erikson. These sound interesting and "big" which I haven't done in a while. I knew going in that the first book, Gardens of the Moon, is initially hard to get into, but I'm willing to fight through that if something promises to be a worthwhile series. Unfortunately I'm having a rough go of it on this one, too, but I'll be the first to admit I'm only a few pages in.
This books is on my reading list, if you finish reading it I'd like to hear your opinion.

Quote:
So I'm hear looking for help, guidance, whatever you're selling I'm buying.
Well since we have somewhat like minds, I'll share

Have you read any of the Conan stories, these stories got me reading fantasy again after more than 10+ of reading any fantasy.

The Warcraft series has some good books. Christie-Golden's "Lord of the Clans" she's great a character development and good story. Christie is an excellent writer I am currently reading Rise of the Hoard, a squeal(prequel) and am enjoying it just as much. --Warning even though this is the 2nd book in a series it has nothing to do with the two other books and those books are written by other authors.

Richard A. Knaak is also very good, his character development is usually weak but his plots are very good with lots of twists and conspiracy. I've read "Day of the Dragon", "AoC: Silent Enemy" and "WoC: War of the Ancients".
I'll have to admit of the three Silent Enemy was the best and actually fooled me in the end, warning however while Conan is alive in this era he rarely comes out.

William King's Trollslayer series are excellent. These books break the fantasy mold, there are no quests and no plots. Very much like the Conan series it is the writers style that brings charm to the book. Unfortunately these books are not eBooks

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 08-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote