View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I'm making a huge assumption that reading input events isn't a mess of expensive polling. If this is the case, there is no need to constantly check the screen, as the idea is to only check when a touch event occurs.

As far as I can tell, the status bar never vanishes of it's own accord when reading a book - only when one touches the screen. Therefore, one does not need to check regularly if the status bar is still available.

In other words, why bother with the homescreen if the status bar is available? One only needs room on the status bar for one icon for this idea to work.

As for creating the UI, that could actually be kind of fun. Can't be any harder than the on-screen keyboard I created (easier in fact), especially when a simple grid would suffice.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote