View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Figuring out what is causing ADE to crash is a bit of an art. The way I would approach it is:

1) Use --test to generate a smaller epub

2) Delete the html file from the epub one by one until you find the one that causing the crash

3) Comment out/delete parts of that html file until you isolate what in the html is causing the crash

Since you say your have already done 3, try running the epub against an epub validator like flightcrew and see if there are errors in the OPF/NCX file.
I've done what you said with just the structure/no article and also with only 1 feed.

both show there are lots of

attribute 'property' is not declared for element 'meta' errors. I'm guessing these are from lines such as <meta property="og:type" content="article"/>

The other errors are

Out and about live [Sat, 18 Jun 2011] - calibre.epub/feed_0/article_6/index.html NA This OPS document is reachable but not present in the OPF

<spine>.

I thought that was the problem - referencing a no existant file as
There is no article_6 folder in the epub, but then again I looked at the index htmls and i couldn't find a refernce to the folder

however in some of the other articles the calibre navbar has "../article_6/index.html" in the source.

When I browse these sources in firefox clicking on the various article_x/indexhtml links opens a new source except the article_6 links throws a file not found error.

Last edited by scissors; 06-18-2011 at 02:42 PM.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote