Thread: Library names
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Is there a device ID available from somewhere?
Not that I know of.
Quote:
I don't know if metadata.calibre is the right place for it (I see it uses a straight list of books so I don't know if you could add a new key without messing up anything that reads it. That might not be many programs - it would break my 1.3.3 version, but not my next one if I ever get it done )
I am leery about creating another file. There was a lot of controversy the first time. However, it is probable that using 'uuid.calibre' is the right way to go, because having a separate file would help avoid UUID reassignment if metadata.calibre was corrupted, and would avoid breaking programs that read metadata.calibre.
Quote:
If a uuid was saved, it might need a name too, although that might not be needed in my case (I would just present settings based on which Kindle was attached and save according to uuid and library uuid).
I think that would be the problem of the GUI tool. When it encounters a new UUID, it would ask the user what name it should use for that device, then store that name along with the UUID. I don't want the device code to ask that question, because the *vast* majority of users won't care.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote