View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #30
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
With 1.1, last page read is much more consistent; and the bottom "reading" button works much more reliably.

Unless an alternate home screen is used, 1.1 does NOT enable putting non B&N books (sideloaded) on the B&N home screen.

One thing to note - if you root w/ the autonooter ver 3 (for 1.1), there are 2 issues: read in store MAY not be fixed (there are reports that autonooter 3 breaks read in-store) and if you ever wanted to use Clockwork recovery (used for flashing roms, or overclocked kernels or making ROM backups), it does NOT work properly.

I believe the most reliable way to "root" and have 1.1 is to:
1 - update NC to 1.0.1
2 - set up wifi
3 - run autonooter 2.25
4 - setup Youtube; gmail; market
5 - download ROM Manager from Market
6 - run Rom manager and have it install clockwork recovery
7 - download 1.1 rooted zip and put on SD card
8 - run Rom Manager and tell it to boot into clockwork recovery
9 - when clockwork recovery runs, find the option to install zip from sd card, then select the 1.1 rooted zip you downloaded in step 7;
10 - "profit" (all done!)
Thanks. I should basically just root it like I did before then. I prefered the stock home and reader which is why I unrooted. But I want a different browser so I have been thinking of re-rooting.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote