View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Very interesting. So it is like digital editions. I am surprised that Sony paginates on the fly since it only has 3 font sizes. My 1150 only supports two user choices (zoom) and it simply paginates them both when the file is built thereby offering instant swaps of zoom levels. The author/publisher of the book is responsible to check both zoom levels to ensure that pagination doesn't do anything stupid. For example, ib tables I find that I occasionally use the soft hyphen to make the table work with the larger font. Sometimes I even move an image so that it shows up reasonably in both sizes. But the user experience is instant, no matter how big the book is.

I am also surprised that MobiPocket hasn't backported this solution into their standard offering. It is a big complaint among MobiPocket users.

Dale
Connect does sort out the formatting when the book is loaded onto the reader using Connect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote