View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #67
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
When you're right, you're right.

On my Dell Axim, eReader Pro has no problem 'remembering' which 'page' it is on and jumping to new 'pages' on the fly. As I re-size the text, the 'pages' re-flow and if I choose to jump to a new 'page' eReader recalculates where that is in the file.

Derek
I may have been too general in my comment. I know my eb1150 paginates and I know MobiPocket and some others do not. I do not have a Sony so I am not sure whether it paginates or not. However here are some issues in pagination.

MobiPocket has a terrible time with pagination. You never know how many pages there are in the book nor how close you are to the next chapter. If you jump to a chapter ahead and backup you will find the pagination is not the same as you would have if you read the same page moving forward instead of jumping. This is certainly not like a real book. (The problem in MobiPocket is one of user control. The user can redo the font at any time which totally messes up the pagination)

Digital Editions does paginate but does it on the fly the first time the book (and every time the book) is opened. This makes it horrendously slow when opening any long book.

How does the Sony reader deal with pagination issues if the format doesn't impose them?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote